Oven Pancake Makes 4 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (200 ml) whole milk
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons (100 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (200 ml) almond meal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons psyllium seed husk
- 5 1/4 oz. (150 g) hot-smoked pork belly
- butter for the pan
Preheat the oven to 435ºF (225ºC). In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cream, and salt. Stir in almond meal and psyllium seed husk, and mix thoroughly. Leave the batter to rise for about 10 minutes.
Dice the pork belly and scatter into a small, buttered baking pan. Set the pan in the oven and cook it until the pork has got some color. Carefully pour the pancake batter over the pork.
Bake on the middle rack of the oven for about 20–25 minutes, until the pancake is golden brown. Serve it with fresh uncooked jam made from lingonberries and sweetener (cranberries work well, too).
Freeze the leftovers, and reheat them in the oven on a day when cooking is not at the top of your to do list.
The recipe is taken from my cookbook Low Carb High Fat Cooking for Healthy Aging.