- 10 oz. (300 ml) sauerkraut
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons (100 ml) finely chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons (100 ml) almond flour
- 1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons (100 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- A pinch of salt
- 10 oz. (300 ml) cold-pressed olive oil
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until almost smooth.
Slowly add the oil, mix well. Use a smaller amount of olive oil for a spreadable pesto.
Season carefully with salt.
Store in a jar and cover the pesto with a layer of olive oil, then it will stay fresh for a long time in the fridge.
You can find the seed-cracker recipe in my cookbook Low Carb High Fat and Paleo Slow Cooking.
Huså Bröd makes seed crackers from my recipe, and they are available in shops all over Sweden and Norway.
The Sauerkraut Pesto recipe maker: Ylva Forsberg, Huså Bröd.