Chocolate Mousse LCHF 6-8 servings
- 1.8 oz (50 g) dark chocolate 70-90% cocoa
- 2 large egg yolks, from free-range eggs
- 6 3/4 fl. oz. (200 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (not vanilla sugar)
- Sea salt
Melt the chocolate carefully in a warm water bath, make sure no water steam gets into the chocolate, this can make the chocolate grainy.
Stir the egg yolks into the chocolate, mix well making the batter smooth. Beat the cream but don’t make it too hard.
Stir a spoon of the whipped cream into the chocolate, mix well. Fold the chocolate into the cream, add a few grains of sea salt and vanilla powder to make it tastier.
Pour into glasses, cups or coupes. Place in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours. Serve with whipped cream and maybe a halved strawberry or a couple of raspberries.
Chocolate Mousse à la Paleo (4 servings)
- 3 1/3 fl. oz. (100 ml) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cashew nut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- a small pinch of sea salt
- Cocoa nibs for garnish
Mix all the ingridients well in a bowl. The sea salt enhances the chocolate flavor, but be careful so it won’t end up to salty.
Pour into small glasses or cups , place in the fridge for a couple of hours. Garnish with some cocoa nibs.